20A Dual Output – 3 Stage Charger / Transformer
The 20A Dual Output – 3 Stage Charger / Transformer is a caravan battery charger/transformer. The charger transformer has an internal cooling fan which automatically switches on when using more than 8 amps. The charger works on British and European mains voltage and can be used with or without a leisure battery. This dual-output unit is an electronic power unit that has been specified for use within a caravan or motorhome. The unit’s primary function is to supply power to operate the caravan or motorhome’s 12v equipment, with the capability to charge and recharge a 12v auxiliary battery as efficiently as possible. This complete 12v supply unit is a fully automatic supply direct to caravan appliances with electronically controlled battery charging. An ideal replacement transformer/charger for your caravan or motorhome. This dual-output charger has been fitted into Elddis, Coachman and Bailey Caravans.
* Please note – There is now an extra white lead that is only used on 2015 Elddis and Bailey motorhomes – if you are replacing a transformer unit this lead can just be tucked out of the way and does not need to be connected to anything.
- Dual Output – 3 Stage Charger / Transformer
- Internal cooling fan
- Supply power to operate the caravan or motorhome’s 12v equipment
- Works on British and European mains voltage
- Specified for use within a caravan or motorhome
- Capability to charge and recharge a 12v auxiliary battery
- Fully automatic supply direct to caravan appliances
- Fitted to many Elddis, Coachman and Bailey Caravans
- Comes complete with user instructions
- Input: 220V – 240V
- Output 1 Voltage: 13V
- Output 1 Current: 20A
- Output 2 Voltage: 13.8V – 14.2V (Battery Charging)
- Current: 6A
- Power supply type 2014
- Dimensions: Width 250mm x Depth 125mm x Height 67mm
Battery Charger Timing Cycle (3 Stage Charging)
At the switch on the charger is in the boost phase where the charger output delivers 6amps constant current until o/p voltage reaches 14.2v. At this level, the charger enters EQUALISATION phase.
Charger output remains at 14.2v (constant voltage) for 4 hours. After 4 hours the charger enters FLOAT phase.
Charger output switches to 13.8v (constant voltage) for 20 hours.
Note: Charger performs Equalisation and Float every 24 hours unless the battery voltage falls below 14.2v in Equalisation mode in which case Boost mode will restart.
Battery Drain: When the mains is OFF this unit has a very low battery drain, the figure being only 0.0025 of an amp.
Fan Operation: To ensure silent nighttime operation the fan switches off at low loads. The fan will start to operate once the load current is in the region of 5amp – 8amp.
Please note: Although the fitting of this item is relatively straight forward if you have any doubts you should consult a qualified person before attempting the installation.
All Content © Copyright Big White Box Ltd - All rights reserved